From: John Huttley <John@×××××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP or roll my own?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:47:44
1 wireless wrote:
2 > http://www.soekris.com/net4501.htm
3 > I look at the web site, and it can take
4 > "a MiniPCI type III board and a low-power standard PCI board"
5 >
6 > Any body have 2 pci cards working with this?
7 >
8 > Anybody set up iptables with 3 nics so as to get
9 > Internet, LAN and DMZ zones securely configured
10 > with iptables?
11 >
12 > curious,
13 > James
16 Sure, just tell gnap you have 3 eth's and configure shorewall the way
17 you want it.
18 You don't have to run shorewall at boot time. Run it once, save the
19 iptables and then
20 rw-sync.sh -w the var/lib/iptables directory.
21
22 Soekris have an optional 4 port std-pci card that will take it to 7 eth's.
23
24 The mini-pci card seems mostly for wireless using 'BSD. Its physically a
25 different kind of slot.
26
27 --John
30 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list