From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: uclibc <uclibc@××××××.org>, gentoo-embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Everything that touches the network segfaults...
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:34:10
1 Hi, I am building an embedded system and I have a certain config which
2 is all working well, until I change and enable UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK=y and
3 UCLIBC_SUPPORT_AI_ADDRCONFIG=y in uclibc-0.30.1 config
4
5 As soon as I enable the second option then I start getting segfaults
6 whenever I run anything that tries to use the network (eg busybox ping,
7 dropbear, busybox telnet). ifconfig works fine, as does bringing up the
8 interface
9
10 The build environment is gentoo-hardened (gcc 3.4.6) with uclibc-0.30.1
11 and busybox 1.14.2. The build environment is a 32bit chroot on a 64bit
12 kernel. The target machine is an x86 alix board
13
14 What is very odd is that if I chroot into the build on the build machine
15 then ping, etc works fine. However, with a different kernel (but very
16 similar) on the alix board I get these segfaults. I have switched the
17 target to a 2.6.29.6 vanilla kernel to try and eliminate that - the
18 build machine is running 2.6.29.6 64bit with some patches (hardened+vserver)
19
20 Obviously it's going to be a pain to turn on symbols and try to get a
21 backtrace on the embedded board, so hoping someone has some other ideas?
24 Grateful for any thoughts?
25
26 Ed W