From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] CellPhone Hacking
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:51:22
1 On May 28, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 >
3 > I have to run to SFO for the day. But if you want to try it out..
4 > Grab this. Extract it to your storage card. run haret.exe and wait a
5 > few
6 > seconds for linux to boot.
7 >
8 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/linwizard/gizard-20080527.tar.bz2
9 >
10 > And join #linwizard on freenode. Gotta run..
13 Works great! Or at least, works as well as can be expected! After
14 rebooting my phone to free memory, I was able to run haret, boot into
15 linux, log in, run startx, and run a few apps. I noticed a few things
16 right off the bat, but nothing a bit of typing can't fix:
17
18 screen was shifted slightly to the right
19 no XRandR
20 couldn't use the buttons on the face or the keypad to play tetris..
21
22 All in all, very cool!
25 Joshua ChaitinPollak | Software Engineer
26 Kiva Systems, Inc., 225 Wildwood Ave, Woburn, MA 01970