From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GCC 4.3 fails on mpfr
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 22:48:12
1 On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:24 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Christopher Friedt wrote:
3 > > This is a 'chicken / egg' problem. In order to build a cross compiler
4 > > for arch X you need mpfr compiled for arch X. In order to build mpfr for
5 > > arch X you need a toolchain for arch X.
6 > >
7 > > Try building the cross-compiler without mpfr first, then build libmpfr,
8 > > and then rebuild the cross compiler.
9 >
10 > you cant build gcc-4.3 without gmp and mpfr. they're hard requirements. but
11 > they're requirements that the host system has it, not that they are
12 > cross-compiled for the target.
13 > -mike
14
15 Mike,
16 this might pose a problem at Gentoo as I don't think mpfr can even be
17 cross compiled in the first place. I might be wrong but I seem to recall
18 fighting with it in the last week using ( arm-softfloat-linux-uclibc ||
19 arm*-softloat-linux-gnueabi).
22 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
23 Gentoo Linux
26 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list