From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Why is installing gettext so bad on a uclibc build?
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 23:24:31
1 I am trying to get glib-dbus built and it appears to need at least a
2 basic gettext to be available. Some mailing list posts warn about dire
3 consequences of installing gettext and the "nls" flag is profile masked.
4
5 However, I see patches and builds for gettext and glib-dbus in many
6 embedded distros including openwrt, and references to installing gettext
7 in the linux-from-scratch and debian uclibc handbooks
8
9 So can someone please give me the real lowdown on the issues here?
10
11 (Note exact compile errors given in a previous email in case they are
12 nothing to do with gettext at all...)
13
14 Cheers
15
16 Ed W