From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] init Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:42:55
Hi,

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:13:32 +0200 "Jean Blignaut" <jean@×××××××.biz>
wrote:

> Init: Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes > > What does this mean?
The inittab entry named "s0" exits with errors in too short intervals. It's a "respawn" entry.
> ----I also see this in the log: > > agetty: ttyS0: ioctl: Input/output error
I think this will likely cause it as there's apparently a getty set up to listen on the serial line #1. Most likely, that device doesn't exist (yet) at that point. Probably compiled as a module?
> error communicating with the kernel
I've never seen this before (but I'm not using serial console), but I think it may be from agetty, too. So you'll want to check your inittab or kernel config, depending on whether you want a serial console or not. -hwh -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list