From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] can't load ramdisk correctly on nslu2
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:27:06
1 On Tuesday 02 October 2007, Jason wrote:
2 > I have the kernel loaded and running via serial/TFTP into an NSLU2. It
3 > may not be configured correctly (duh), and the kernel command line might
4 > not be correct (also, duh). I've tried so many variants of the two, I
5 > can't see straight. I've also tried a gzip'd ramdisk, bzip2'd ramdisk,
6 > and a cpio ramdisk. Nothing works. /sbin/init is in the ramdisk.
7 > /dev/console and /dev/null are there also.
8
9 what's in the ramdisk is irrelevant here as your kernel is failing to load it
10 up in the first place ... it could be filled with monkeys and you'd get the
11 same error ;)
12
13 what if you add rootfstype=ext2 and you dont gzip the ramdisk ?
14
15 long run you should consider switching to initramfs ... it's a ton easier than
16 dickin around with initrd's
17 -mike