From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross compiling fails because of missing dependencies
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:10:33
1 On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 20:15 +0100, Johannes Bauer wrote:
2 > Ned Ludd schrieb:
3 > > Save yourself the all heartache of cross compiles and simply use a
4 > > chroot. x86_64 lends itself well for this task...
5 >
6 > The "linux32" trick is really neat and worked well - never seen that
7 > before. Thanks for that!
8 >
9 > But since I'm planning on deploying on ppc in the near future, the
10 > crosscompiling-problems remain... any idea what's going wrong with
11 > emerge there?
14 No and I'm not willing to consider the problem till you are actually
15 dealing with said arch.. Ever arch presents it's on unique set problems
16 when cross compiling... x86_64->x86 is not one we are really willing to
17 spend much if any time trying to debug..
20 > Greetings,
21 > Johannes
22 --
23 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>