From: Daniel <dragonheart@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: uclibc-buildroot
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:47:49
1 > brainstorm...
2
3 storm rolls in from the south.
6 > I don't know if this was intended or a side effect of me removing the
7 > linux-headers from the SRC_URI but after the build it sure wont exist in
8 > all cases. (bug||feature)?
9
10 bug - will search out a good list of mirrors /url for it.
11
12 > KERNEL_SOURCE="/var/tmp/portage/uclibc-buildroot-20040209/work/buildroot/to
13 >olchain_build_i386/linux"
14 >
15 > Log of the installed files
16 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/uclibc/uclibc-buildroot-install-Manifest.txt
19 Thankyou - reassuring to get a similar list. If anyone constanly gets a asm
20 operand error I have had it fairly constantly. Will post more if I work it
21 out.
22
23 > I see we have some init files etc.. Do you think we going to have
24 > problems with the baselayout-lite stuff the other guys have been working
25 > on?
26
27 Once baselayout-lite gets going a bit more I'll get rid of most of these.
28 There is some benefit to keeping this self contained.
29
30 > Anyway I'm rebuilding now with my USE flags from before minus nls now.
31 > USE="-nls" emerge --debug uclibc-buildroot 2> /tmp/new.x
32 >
33 > Then I plan on switching to the CHOST to i386-linux-uclibc-3.2.3 and see
34 > if the uclubc-buildroot can bootstrap itself. I'll try various other
35 > combinations so we can get this bad boy working for ~arch.
36
37 I haven't tried lots of permutations so thankyou. I will look at stripflag to
38 see how/if it can be used on configurations.
39
40 > I know mutex has some stuff he's been working on from the catalyst
41 > approach that sound very promising, hopefully we can all tie this
42 > (uclibc, crossdev, catalyst, baselayout stuff) back in together with
43 > each other.
44
45 All for it.
46
47 > Looking at the ebuild makes me wonder if we really need sys-libs/glibc
48 > or if virtual/glibc would work in the DEPENDS. Any insights?
49
50 I haven't tried compiling uclibc-buildroot with uclibc. Once its a bit more
51 tested a virtual would be applicable.
52
53 I've removed the PROVIDE virtual for the time being. A few people reported
54 breakages because of it.
55
56 Cheers,
59 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
60 Gentoo Embedded Project
61 irc://irc.freenode.org:6667/#gentoo-embedded
62 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-embedded
63 http://embedded.gentoo.org
67 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list