From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-foundation-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-foundation-announce] [Fwd: [gentoo-nfp] For all non-devs: How your vote should look like]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:06:10
1 -------- Forwarded Message --------
2 From: rane@g.o
3 To: Gentoo NFP <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
4 Subject: [gentoo-nfp] For all non-devs: How your vote should look like
5 Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:22:42 +0100
6
7 Dear Gentoo Foundation Members,
8
9 Information for all the Members who aren't current Gentoo Developers and can't use votify to create a new ballot file.
10
11 A quick reminder how a ballot file should look like:
12
13 You have four nicknames on the list: quantumsummers, musikc, Patrick and robbat2.
14 You need to rank them and send such a GPG-signed ranked list of all four candidates to elections@g.o.
15 You put candidates you like the most at the top, those you like less below them and so on. If you value two candidates equally, you put them in the same line.
16
17 A few examples:
18
19 ballot1 (one candidate among others):
20 name1
21 name2 name3 name4
22
23 ballot2 (two candidates among others):
24 name1 name2
25 name3
26 name4
27
28 ballot3 (neutral vote, aka "I abstain but want to participate anyway"):
29 name1 name2 name3 name4
30
31 And so on. Please send us votes that include a list of all four candidates. If you don't, all those you have omitted will be appended at the end and treated as valued equally by you.
32
33 For example if you send us something like this:
34
35 ballot4:
36 name1
37 name2
38
39 We will append it with missing names this way:
40
41 ballot4a:
42 name1
43 name2
44 name3 name4
45
46 We don't like making that choice for you, so if you don't want that to happen, please rank all four candidates.
47
48 Kind regards,
49
50 For Election Officials:
51 Lukasz Damentko
52 --
53 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
54 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)