From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-genkernel <gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o>
Cc: alexxy <alexxy@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] Genkernel / Dracut / ZFS, where to start?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:52:22
Hello,

Excerpts from Zachary Bedell's message of Tue Jun 21 01:34:07 +0200
2011:
> Is there anything resembling an "official" repo for Dracut work at > this point? Likewise, is there a good set of ebuilds that I should > use as a starting point?
You should work on official Dracut's repo [0]. I'm contributing to this one and there's no need for a fork because of great collaboration with upstream. When you're ready, module should be posted to <initramfs@×××××××××××.org> as a git-formatted patch against HEAD. You can do a fork as well and post pull-request on this mailing list. alexxy is working on bringing ZFS to Gentoo, but afaik he's lacking someone interested in updating dracut module from repo [0] you've forked. [0] http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/dracut/dracut.git [1] https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/ Cheers, -- Amadeusz Żołnowski PGP key fpr: C700 CEDE 0C18 212E 49DA 4653 F013 4531 E1DB FAB5