From: Richard Farina <sidhayn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] Hello all
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 02:51:49
1 On 03/31/12 19:22, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 03/25/2012 06:11 AM, Richard Farina wrote:
3 >> Lastly, and possibly the only bit interesting to most of the list, we
4 >> added in selectable compression to make the initramfs compress with the
5 >> best possible supported method, since it's the simplest, I'll paste that
6 >> inline and get some feedback now. Basically we remove all that static
7 >> stuff and then attempt to detect the best compression and use it. Please
8 >> note this diff is based on 3.4.18 not current, I'll update once you all
9 >> pick it apart.
10 > it seems robbat2 has ported that approach from pentoo over to gentoo
11 > already, see
12 >
13 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/genkernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=94dc288487f2cb5c993ed471ed490a0031a65acc
14 Great news, I'll watch the commit log better and work on my next patch
15 as soon as I have a few minutes spare.
16
17 Thanks!
18
19 -Rick