From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] e2fsprogs and libuuid and parallel make
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:22:23
1 On 08/17/2011 08:43 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
2 > Solution 1: compile e2fsprogs with -j1 and perhaps report it upstream
3 > Solution 2: I've seen that the ebuild in portage explicitly disables
4 > libuuid (--disable-libuuid) [1] and also libblkid.
5 > --disable-libuuid do not build private uuid library
6 > --disable-libblkid do not build private blkid library
7
8 [Solution 3]
9 Try to fix parallel make, make bug with patch upstream.
10 Integrate existing bits from
11
12 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-fs/e2fsprogs/files/e2fsprogs-1.41.8-makefile.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup
13
14 and
15
16 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2210763&group_id=2406&atid=102406
17
18 with that.
21 [Solution 4]
22 Patch out test program, not cool :-)
25 Anyone got time for solution 3?
28 > Moreover, tst_uuid.c is a "test program for the UUID library" but
29 > looking at the build system, it seems to be impossible to disable it.
30 > Perhaps we should test out the generated initramfs with e2fsprogs
31 > compiled with --disable-libuuid --disable-libblkid
32 >
33 > [1] http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-fs/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.41.14.ebuild?view=markup
34
35 The currently user^^ parameters
36
37 --disable-libblkid \
38 --disable-libuuid \
39 --disable-fsck \
40 --disable-uuidd
41
42 looks a bit wierd. But if that's right, I'm not objecting to a move to
43 that.
44
45 Best,
49 Sebastian