From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-guis@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-guis] Welcome
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:18:13
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 11:45 +0100, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
> Am 08.02.2011 08:08, schrieb Brian Dolbec: > > Welcome back to everyone that is registered to gentoo-guis mail list. > > This is perhaps a foolish test, since I may be the only one signed up at > > this point. None the less, It should test that it shows up in the > > archives :) > > Greetings :) >
aha! It works :) and I'm not alone :) So, to catch you up on the goings on lately... We now have an overlay, ... gentoo-guis, for live ebuilds of our guis projects and guis related projects. It isn't in the main list yet, but soon. http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoo-guis.git;a=summary After not hearing from sping, I forked layman, started overlord to keep working on the rewrites and the api I did last year. http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/overlord.git;a=summary I rewrote the cli to use the new api, that was a 20-35% speed up, and some other changes, improvements to the api,... That lasted a about week. As of last night, I am the main dev/admin on layman. sping did another release last night with any fixes, etc.. Layman has been moved to http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=summary instead of SourceForge for development. Transfered it all to me. So now I have to port all my changes back to laymans codebase, not much of a base change, but... I added an irc data field to the repository info, so now I have to work on http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/repositories-xml-format.git;a=summary project as well to add that addition to the gentoo infra tools that validate, etc.. Wizzleby and I are collaborating on making kde and gtk fontends for overlord/layman. Your welcome to join in if you have time. Your input would be appreciated. I think I would call the frontends overlord still. I really like that name :) Anyway, it's good to hear from you :D -- Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>