From: "René 'Necoro' Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-guis@l.g.o, Kuroo Kuroo <kuroo.info@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-guis] One backend for all portage GUIs
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:57:12
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 René 'Necoro' Neumann schrieb:
5 > Brian schrieb:
6 >> On Tue, 2007-09-10 at 23:54 +0200, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
7 >
8 >>> This is the thing I'm waiting for atm ... the functions to implement (ie
9 >>> the API)... I think, that it should be done in a functional way is
10 >>> general consensus, isn't it?
11 >>>
12 >> Ok, I've put together a small list of portage calls mostly unigue, but
13 >> many have variations of the basic call (not listed)repeated for
14 >> different info returned. A few lines of code I left in to make it more
15 >> clear, but should give an overall list of the portage function calls
16 >> used so far.
19 >> I will put together a list of functions that I created in portagelib to
20 >> add functionality directly related to portage. Some of them are copies
21 >> of code chunks from lifted from gentoolkit.
22 >
23 >>> Regards,
24 >>> - - Necoro
25 > Thanks =)
26 >
27 > I've put it into the Wiki [1] too. :)
28 >
29 > I'll try again today to create some API documentation and will merge
30 > your requirements.
31
32 Ok - I've added the current API to the wiki [1]. I did not manage to
33 include all of the needs of porthole, as I don't know what some of the
34 calls do, and whether they are really needed ;).
35 Please see the attached file for the comments.
36
37 @dol-sen: Would be great if you could scan through the list and see,
38 which ones are really needed. Because portage calls inside functions
39 that are then moved into catapult don't need to have an equivalent in
40 the API (at least in most cases). - And for the vast majority I was just
41 clueless ^^. (and too lazy to lookup portage code).
42
43 There are certain issues with the current API:
44
45 1.) Add some more stuff needed by other frontends.
46 2.) Perhaps merge the Package and the System object as they both just
47 provide functions.
48 3.) Merge package.is_in_overlay() and package.get_overlay_path()
49 4.) Get rid of the different get_*_settings functions and add special
50 ones: get_homepage, get_depend(which), get_arch, ...
51 5.) Currently there are two functions returning use flags which were set
52 at installation time of a package:
53 - get_use_flags(): Returning ALL set useflags
54 - get_installed_use_flags(): Return only the set useflags which are
55 also in IUSE.
56 This should perhaps be merged into one function with an attribute
57 "only_iuse" or similar.
58
59 Some comments are appreciated ;)
60
61 - - Necoro
62
63 [1] http://catapult.origo.ethz.ch/wiki/API

portage_calls_porthole_commented.txt text/plain