From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-guis@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-guis] elogviewer
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:13:50
1 On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 10:16 +0200, Mathias Laurin wrote:
2 > Dear Brian, dear users of gentoo-guis,
3 >
4 > I am the author of elogviewer, an utility to read the elogs generated by portage. I sincerely apologize for not answering earlier: family, work, everything slowly grows in time and manages to take various priorities. But we are probably all here.
5 >
6 > So to go back to elogviewer, I got that the first thing to resolve was to have the utility install with distutils, am I correct? This is something I can certainly work.
7 >
8 > Best regards,
9 > Mathias
10
11 Yes, getting it to install using distutils is the first step. You will
12 also need to change your starter scripts from shell to python. This is
13 needed so that it can be installed in more than one python version at
14 the same time. You can get an examples from gentoolkit's eclean,
15 equery, enalyze.... You might also want to look at etc-proposals, he
16 uses one script to start either the gtk or qt guis depending on the
17 users preference or as an input parameter.
20 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>