From: "Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Tool for eliminating non used code or symbols?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:55:34
1 On 26/03/13 16:45, Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón wrote:
2 > On 26/03/13 16:11, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
5 >> I wonder how these ROP techniques can theoretically perform in a
6 >> java virtual machine? What are the possbile target vectors for
7 >> Python or Ruby? What about JIT code?
8 >
9 > http://www.grant-olson.net/python/pyasm
10 I'm not sure if I understood you wrongly, do you want mean how can
11 someone do ROP in python? or how a python script could be objetive of a
12 ROP attack?
13
14 Python is linked against libc too, and finally it finish being executed
15 in machine (assembler) code, the main difference is that C for example
16 needs compilation, python scripts "are compiled" on the fly.