From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] ping solar
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:45:28
1 Sorry bro.. I don't have time to answer your questions. I'm on the way
2 out the door, catching a flight later today then I'm taking a mini
3 vacation..
4
5 On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:59 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
6 > Had a conversation with aoz in the hardened IRC room yesterday,
7 > discussing how non-tech types such as I might help the hardened effort;
8 >
9 > 1. He suggested that Bugzilla took a lot of time. How could some of that
10 > time be outsource to a non-techie?
11 >
12 > 2. We discussed the possibility of incorporating links to white-paper
13 > "status reports" within the current, very-high-quality,
14 > reluctant-to-tamper-with Gentoo http pages.
15 >
16 > STM that Gentoo newbies and others simply checking Gentoo Hardened out
17 > first, go first to http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/. So that
18 > would be an ideal place to put a link(s) to a white paper summary of
19 > where the project is, and what its next step is.
20 >
21 > That white paper could be easily updated by a newbie, helping with the
22 > proof reading!?
23 >
24 > 3. IIUC, the current status is to wait for "upstream" (the gcc folks?)
25 > to successfully incorporate ssp into c++ compilations? And also that
26 > with rare exception, little is loss using the older 3.4.6 compiler?
27 > In those rare cases, gcc can be "slotted" so that 3.4.6 would be the
28 > default, but 4.x could be called to duty when 3.4.6 won't work?
29 >
30 > Might be useful to note this in the white paper.
38 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list