From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] x86 2.6 hardened profile rework
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:35:01
1 I've re-worked the hardened/x86/2.6 profile so that it is independent
2 of hardened/x86, which is a 2.4-only profile. The 2.6 profile now has
3 hardened/ as its parent (i.e. "../.."). This change means in particular
4 that we don't have to keep un-masking stuff that gets masked for the 2.4
5 profile, but it does mean that anything that has to be set for both
6 profiles now needs to be done in the x86/2.6 directory as well as
7 just x86.
8
9 The net result is intended to be no change for either 2.4 or 2.6 profile
10 users; this is just a notice to ensure you're all aware of it, just in
11 case I made a mistake.
14 Kevin F. Quinn