From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: releng@g.o, embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] New uclibc profiles will hit the tree soon
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 12:02:46
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Either today or tomorrow, there will be two new experimental hardened
4 profiles, one on amd64 and the other x86. These will be:
5
6 hardened/linux/uclibc/amd64
7
8 and
9
10 hardened/linux/uclibc/x86
11
12 Please be careful with them! Do not try to switch to these profiles
13 from a glibc system. portage will complain about blocking and not let
14 you proceed, but for the truly stubborn who will hack away until it does
15 work, trust me, it will not work. It will utterly break everything.
16
17 Aside: while this is an extreme case, switching profiles is never to be
18 taken lightly. Eg. hardened <-> non-hardened or selinux <-> non-selinux.
19
20 For the curious, you can play with these using the stage3's at
21
22 http://http://67.151.215.237/
23
24 Notice there are 4 combinations
25
26 amd64 hardened
27 amd64 vanilla
28
29 i686 hardened
30 i686 vanilla
31
32 The amd64 are completely done. I'm working on i686 now so you may want
33 to wait on those. Any stage marked on or later than oct 25 should be good.
34
35 Note: the vanilla is just hardened with USE="-hardened" set in
36 make.conf. They are being built as a comparison to the hardened.
41 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
42 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
43 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
44 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
45 GnuPG ID : D0455535