From: Bart Van Loon <bart@×××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened installation troubles
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:34:15
1 Hi all,
2
3 I just got my hands on a server on which I installed gentoo. I have
4 quite some experience with Linux and gentoo, but it is the first time
5 that I engaged in a gentoo-hardened installation.
6
7 I have linux-headers-2.6.17-r1 installed and am running a
8 2.6.17-hardened-r1 kernel in the selinux/x86/2006.1 profile.
9
10 I am following the instructions on
11 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
12 but encouter a few problems:
13
14 1/
15 emerging glibc always fails with
16
17 !!! nptl glibc did not pass make check
18
19 my USE flags vor glibc are "glibc-omitfp nptl nptlonly selinux -build
20 -glibc-compat20 hardened -multilib -nls -profile"
21
22 I tried compiling with nptlonly, but portage wouldn't accept that.
23 emerging without the hardened flag, results in the same error.
24
25 2/
26 after emerging selinux-base-policy, checkpolicy and policyresources, the
27 HOWTO states that I should run "make load"
28 in /etc/security/selinux/src/policy, but this directory does not exist
29 (only /etc/security/ does).
30
31 3/
32 then, later on, many ebuilds fail to emerge: pam, coreutils,
33 device-mapper, etc... the same ebuilds, on the same architecture, emerge
34 fine on other systems.
35
36 4/
37 finally, I'm completely stuck when I want to label my filesystems,
38 because of the empty (non-existing) /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
39 directory.
40
41 is there something I'm completely missing here?
42
43 can someone here help me out?
44
45 thanks!
48 kind regards,
49 Bart Van Loon
50
51 I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept. --- Calvin
54 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list