From: Aiko Barz <aiko@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Which security solution?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:01:57
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm searching for a security solution. Since I like the
4 UNIX-permissions, selinux ist not my favorite. I also would like to
5 activate those additional rules for several processes only. I don't
6 want to have them systemwide. It's for keeping an eye on those
7 programms which are reachable from the internet.
8
9 >From my investigations, systrace or AppArmor would fit. Both are not
10 available for Gentoo AFAIK. Is it possible to do this with
11 - Grsecurity/RBAC?
12 - RSBAC?
13 - Selinux?
14 To be precise, the default rule shall be: Allow everything.
15 I simply want to keep programs like qmail-ldap, dovecot and so on
16 within their allowed limits.
17
18 Regards,
19 Aiko