From: David Sommerseth <gentoo.list@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] tg3 driver - transmit timed out, resetting
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:56:48
1 atoth@××××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > PCI-X dual port Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 03)
3 > adapter is working fine here driven by tg3, 2.6.27-hardened-r1. The driver
4 > doesn't seem to be borked with my card.
5 >
6 > Did you check out the "error" field of ifconfig's output for the interface
7 > of your card?
8 >
9 > Regards,
10 > Dw.
11
12 Hmmm ... No, I have not had that opportunity. The server is located 2000km away from me, and I
13 usually call a guy (who is not a technician)to go in and press CTRL-ALT-DEL on a keyboard. That is
14 the short-time "fix". But I'm going to have a look physically on the server in a couple of weeks,
15 so if I get positive feedbacks from others as well regarding 2.6.27 kernel, I'm willing to try that
16 upgrade.
17
18 This interface is an on-board interface in an IBM eServer. The first time it happened, it was no
19 problems for about 28 days. Now it was 13 days. So I expect it to happen again, soon enough.
20
21 I'll try to hack the shutdown scripts to dump the ifconfig info somewhere somehow.
24 kind regards,
25
26 David Sommerseth