From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: PaX in linux-2.6.5-hardened-r5
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:19:37
1 On пн, 2004-06-21 at 02:29, Peter Simons wrote:
2 > The problem is definitely not related to PaX. It comes down
3 > to the fact that suddenly setuid binaries no longer work,
4 > and then I get lots of "permission denied". It occurs
5 > generally with the hardened-dev-sources -- even when I
6 > compile the kernel without PaX, SELinux, and GrSecurity. I
7 > have reproduced this on two machines.
8 >
9 > I have no idea where it comes from, and unfortunately I need
10 > these machines to work ... so I can't test much. :-(
11 >
12 > Peter
15 > --
16 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
17 >
18 Hi Peter,
19 I'm working with hardened-dev-sources-2.6.5-r5, compiled with quite full
20 PaX (ref. quickstart-guide), using grsecurity, also quite to the max
21 (ref.quickstart-guide) and have a working X (statically compiled and w/o
22 3D) but working, for some 3-4 days, still no problems.
23 Beside SELinux, grsecurity there is also another hardened project:
24 RSBAC, it also has PaX and RSBAC (framework like SELinux) and much more
25 powerfull then grsec-ACL. Seems that PaX is working on all three of them
26 (not sure about SELinux).
27 PS: you could see the docs on grsecurity.net site if interested see ref.
28 In my opinion grsec&PaX is easiest to install and use.
29 Rumen