From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux and no-multilib
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:45:00
1 On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:55:34PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > You're not wrong, but this can be restructured to come better in line
3 > with the rest of the hardened profiles. I have to do a careful analysis
4 > of the stacking and see if we can get something similar out of simpler
5 > stackings and then fix up what might be missed in the final layers of
6 > the stack.
7
8 My suggestion would be to
9
10 1. stabilize the current set of policies
11 2. remove the policies whose version is >= 3.0 (including those -2008* ones)
12 3. make a "features/selinux" profile (which contains all SELinux relevant
13 aspects but is not a real profile in its own)
14 4. Create sublocations within the existing profiles for SELinux (like
15 hardened/linux/amd64/selinux and hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib/selinux)
16
17 These sublocations would only have a single file called "parent" showing
18 something like:
19 ../
20 ../../../../features/selinux
21
22 I just tried this on my no-multilib system as well as on a multilib one, and
23 apart from USE="gdbm bzip2 urandom nptl justify -fortran" I have had no
24 other changes (checked the different outputs of "emerge --info" as well as a
25 "emerge -puDN world").
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen