From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Martin Bene <martin.bene@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Question WRT Grsecurity/PAx and AV Scanner
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:15:08
1 Martin,
2
3 Please show us whats in your dmesg/logs when kaspersky gets killed off
4 by pax.
8 On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 14:01, Martin Bene wrote:
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > I'm trying to get kaspersky AV (4.0.3.1) to run on a gentoo box with active
12 > gr security Segmentation based exec protection.
13 >
14 > Problem:
15 > * The kaspersky scanner / scanner daemon processess triggers the pax
16 > protection
17 > * The executables are statically linked
18 > * The executables check for modification, i.e. after modifying with
19 > chpax they no longer run.
20 >
21 > I expect that the triggering code would be a gcc trampoline, so compiling
22 > with trampoline + automatic detection turned on might work - but it's not a
23 > very good solution since it affects all executables on the system.
24 >
25 > Is there any way of running an executable with modified grsecurity options
26 > without changing the on-disk file with chpax?
27 >
28 > Thanks, Martin
29 >
30 > --