From: Kakou <kakou@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Kakou <kakou@×××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Revdep-rebuild doesn't finish
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:53:45
1 Le 1 févr. 2010 à 09:55, Shinkan a écrit :
5 > Le 30 janvier 2010 12:19, Kakou <kakou@×××××.org> a écrit :
6 > Have you paxtest installed ?
7 > If yes unmerge it.
10 > Man I HATE these "magical steps", but it worked... I had paxtest, unmerged it, and revdep-rebuild worked like a charm, quicker than ever.
11 > Do you have any hints on why that made my day ?
12
13 It's because revdep-rebuild use ldd, and ldd run the program in order to identify the libraries used (security issue ????).
14 One of the test of paxtext (getstack2) try to do a bruteforce in order to bypass ASLR protection.
15 If you have actived the SEGMEXEC protection in the kernel, this program did not finish (in human time).
19 > Thanks anyway !
20 >
21 > --
22 > Pierre.
23 > "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." - Bill Watterson

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature