From: Michael Boman <mboman@g.o>
To: Daniel Struck <community@××××××.lu>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] New prelude ebuilds commited
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:07:46
1 On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:47:28 +0100
2 Daniel Struck <community@××××××.lu> wrote:
3
4 > > I moved the apache configuration file to /etc/piwi/piwi-apache.conf,
5 > > and it's no longer gzip'ed. This should simplify the installation
6 > > process a great deal.
7 >
8 > Good idea, you also won't have to change the include line in
9 > apache when a new version comes out.
10 >
11 > Problem I have is that this file is not created in the emerge process?
12 > (I have include the output of emerge)
15 > Daniel
16
17 The file i located under the files/ directory. You should download all
18 the files from http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/portage/net-analyzer/piwi/,
19 not just the ebuild itself. At the very least you should download:
20
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/portage/net-analyzer/piwi/piwi-0.8.0.20031109.ebuild
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/portage/net-analyzer/piwi/Manifest
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/portage/net-analyzer/piwi/files/digest-piwi-0.8.0.20031109
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/portage/net-analyzer/piwi/files/piwi-apache.conf
25
26 But even better if you downloaded all the files.
27
28 Explanation:
29
30 piwi-0.8.0.20031109.ebuild
31 the ebuild itself (containing download/compile/install instructions).
32
33 Manifest
34 checksums of all files (distributed in portage). Making sure you are
35 getting the real thing.
36
37 files/digest-piwi-0.8.0.20031109
38 checksum of the tarball, making sure you are getting the real thing.
39
40 files/piwi-apache.conf
41 the apache configuration include file for piwi.
42
43 Best regards
44 Michael Boman
47 Michael Boman