From: atoth@××××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened workstation - is that worth it?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:11:59
1 Dear Jan,
2
3 On Ked, November 25, 2008 22:58, Jan Klod wrote:
4 > As a conclusion of what I have read this far I can state: hardened OS is
5 > useless for non-server. Would that be too much? Well, I think, in a "black
6
7 IMHO: not useless. Perfect security is non-existent. But there can be some
8 systems that are more secure compared to others. One should seek after the
9 highest achievable security in a particular case.
10
11 Have you heard the joke about the two monks wandering in the desert?
12 No?
13 Suddenly a lion appears in the distance. One of the monks stops and starts
14 to put on a pair of running shoes. The other starts arguing:
15 "Let's get moving! We should start running. How fool you are! Do you think
16 you are faster than the lion if you wear those shoes?"
17 The other replies:
18 "I don't have to be faster than the lion. I just have to be faster than
19 you..."
20
21 Regards,
22 Dw.