From: Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Can't start eterm and xterm as normal user using X under SELinux and hardened gcc
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:08:25
1 On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:44:15 +0200
2 Victor Banatean <Pie_Oh_Pah@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Nevertheless I found a solution, but I do not prefer it, so I'll will
5 > try it again
6 > tomorrow. If anyone have a good idea or hint,please tell it.
7 >
8 > So my solution is to put the normal user at the "tty" group.
9 > I guess this one is a bad suggestion, but it works :-D. I hope we will
10 > find a better one tomorrow.
13 Yeah, should have mentioned my account is in the tty group. (That's a
14 bad thing?) Should also have mentioned that I don't use SELinux myself,
15 so you're best off heeding the advice of the SELinux users!
16
17 Barry
20 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list