From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux 2004.1
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:12:09
1 >On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:33, Emre wrote:
4 >>1. After I su to root and try /etc/init.d/xxx restart, I get:
5 >>
6 >>cannot find your entry in the passwd file.
7 >>authentication failed.
8 >>
9 >>But if I login from console, then it works ok. I made sure I installed selinux
10 >>version of required packages.
14 >You probably aren't using a selinux-enabled display manager, so when you
15 >log in to X, your identity is not set. GDM is the only one for sure
16 >thats in portage. KDM supposedly works with pam_selinux, and XDM and
17 >WDM might have upstream support, but I'm not sure.
21 It is not an X problem. Starting a service like /etc/init.d/net.eth0 ask
22 for authentification. When starting this as root, I enter the root
23 password and the service gets started. If I login as ordinary user, then
24 su and then try to start the service I get the same error Emre mentions.
25 I can't find anything on this googling or searching the gentoo forums.
26
27 regards,
28 nixnut
31 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list