From: "Molnár Péter" <mp428@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Binary package error
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 03:02:19
1 On 07/25/2012 01:58 AM, Molnár Péter wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have this problem with glibc that when I tried to re-emerge it from a
5 > binary package, it has failed with the following error message:
6 >
7 > * Your system still has old SSP __guard symbols. You need to
8 > * rebuild all the packages that provide these files first:
9 > * //lib64/libhistory.so.5
10 > * //lib64/libreadline.so.5
11 > * //usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
12 > * //usr/lib64/libltdl.so.3
13 > * //usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
14 > * //usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
15 > * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.12.2 failed (setup phase):
16 > * old __guard detected
17 >
18 > What I don't get, is that I have previously rebuilt every package on the
19 > packager box before uploading it to my binary package repo. So how can
20 > this still be a problem?
21
22 Ok, I have figured it out. So these are leftovers from earlier versions,
23 but how come these were not removed when I updated those packages?
24
25 Cheers,
26 --
27 Molnár Péter <mp428@××××××××.hu>