From: "Jan Dušek" <j.d@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, pebenito@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Can't change role to portage_r
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:34:06
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 06:13, Jan Du¹ek wrote:
3 >
4 >>root # newrole -r portage_r
5 >>Authenticating root.
6 >>Password:
7 >>newrole: incorrect password for root
10 > I've been looking at this for a while, but haven't figured it out yet.
11 > I'm not sure when it broke. The sysadm_t auto transition will still
12 > work.
13
14 What is auto transition?
15 Does it mean that if my context is root:sysadm_t:sysadm:r than I'm
16 supposed to be able to use portage? Because I think I've tried that and
17 it didn't work (not 100% sure and I can't access that machine right now
18 to test it).
19
20 > The portage role is mainly for cases where you'd want to limit
21 > access to portage to less than sysadm_t.
24 >>Also I'd like to ask how do I add the root:portage_t:portage_r context
25 >>to the contexts available straight during login?
28 > This won't work, because portage_t is not a full userdomain, which is
29 > what's required to have it show up in login. Even if it showed up, you
30 > cannot transition from [local|remote]_login_t to portage_t.
33 --jd
36 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list