From: PaX Team <pageexec@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] XATTR_PAX, paxmark.sh, elog, icedtea, and maybe more
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 09:28:36
1 On 18 Dec 2014 at 19:58, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2
3 > > So it works on ext4, but not ext3, even though both have the ext_attr flag on
4 > > disk. Any difference in kernel support?
7 > Because on ext3 you need to add user_xattr to the mount options. Either
8 > `mount -o user_xattr` or in fstab in column 4 like this
9 >
10 > /dev/sdb5 /tmp ext3 user_xattr 0 1
11 >
12 > Its automatic on ext4. `man mount` for more info. Please let me know
13 > if this works for you. Is that in the Pax_Quickstart? If not we should
14 > add it.
15
16 FYI, we now enable user xattr support on those filesystems where it wasn't
17 the default before (ext2/ext3/reiser), nouser_xattr still works of course.