From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] loadpolicy
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:48:50
1 John Huttley wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > what does the portage feature "loadpolicy" do?
5
6 It tells portage to automatically rebuild/reload the local
7 policy whenever an ebuild makes changes to it. Otherwise,
8 new policy modules will be present but inactive until you
9 manually reload your policy. I'm not entirely sure if you
10 need it with the modular SELinux policy, but I've had it
11 turned on since back when we still had the monolithic
12 policy, and never bothered to turn it off.
15 -- Mike
16
17 Still using IE? Get Firefox!
18 http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=6492&t=1