From: Luke Crooks <pumalodev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mptsas support with hardened
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:02:21
1 Thanks, someone on irc convinced me that hardened had been compiled without
2 mptsas support and now only contained mpt2sas, thanks very much.
3 On Oct 25, 2012 3:23 PM, "Alexander Tsoy" <alexander@××××.me> wrote:
4
5 > В Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:12:57 +0100
6 > Luke Crooks <pumalodev@×××××.com> пишет:
7 >
8 > > Hi Guys,
9 > >
10 > > Yesterday I ran a fresh install of hardened on my Dell Server, however
11 > > I ran into a small problem.
12 > >
13 > > One of my controllers needs mptsas support, can I compile/build this
14 > > into my kernel fairly easily? (im by no means a kernel guru)
15 > >
16 > > Or would I be better of running another set of sources that supports
17 > > this by default (gentoo-sources doesn't either, so most likely vanilla
18 > > or the sources used by sysrescuecd)
19 > >
20 > > I have all my information in a forum post here:
21 > >
22 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-940502.html
25 > Hello,
26 >
27 > this is not a hardened-specific question. But the answer is simple: you
28 > have to enable "Device Drivers" -> "Fusion MPT device support" ->
29 > "Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SAS" in nconfig/menuconfig/etc.
30 >
31 > --
32 > With best regards,
33 > Alexander Tsoy