From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Jon Anderson <janderson@×××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Policy versions...
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:33:29
1 Jon Anderson wrote:
2
3 > I'm pretty overwhelmed by selinux...It doesn't really make all that
4 > much sense, but one thing that's been bothering me is what looks like
5 > a policy version mismatch after a kernel upgrade:
6 >
7 > # cat /selinux/policyvers
8 > 17
9 >
10 > Yet,
11 >
12 > # make load
16 I'm a complete beginner, but if you look in the policy Makefile, near
17 the top it asks you whether you want a compatible version. Presumably
18 this is exactly what you got..? Comment out the line to get a v17 policy
19
20 > And selinux does not function at all. (Entering enforcing mode just
21 > renders the system unusable.) The system worked fine in enforcing mode
22 > (with a few exceptions: djbdns/daemontools, and a few other minor
23 > things) with kernel 2.6.3-mm2. With kernels 2.6.5-mm1, 2.6.5-mm6 I get
24 > totally wonky, unpredictable behavior. (Like, I get asked for a login
25 > context sometimes, but not all the time.) I also don't get avc denied
26 > messages anymore, and a make relabel doesn't spit out errors, but a
27 > dmesg (after a make relabel) contains thousands of:
30 Interesting. I have 2.6.6-rc1 and having a whole heap of problems in
31 the non enforcing mode... Currently being asked for a login context
32 permanently... I wonder if an older kernel version might help at all...?
35 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list