From: Balint Szente <balint@×××××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] nvidia.ko with Grsecurity & PaX kernel
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:34:10
1 Hello!
4 Thank you Alex and Hinnerk for your answers.
5
6 I understand and fully agree that CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT is very important
7 for security. However, I had to "-m" mark *a lot* of applications:
8
9 Xorg, i3, i3bar, i3-nagbar and even "simple" GTK applications like
10 claws-mail that has nothing with GLX (or maybe GTK has).
11
12 I'm aware of the latest-stable ebuild issue with the pax-const.patch,
13 but do you think it would make a difference from MPROTECT marking
14 point of view? Is 319.49 behaving "more nicely" then 325.15?
15
16 Thank you,
17 Balint
18