From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
To: Hardened Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux testers needed
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:42:37
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2
3 >Mainly just try stuff to make sure your system still works. :) I needed
4 >to make sure everything was ok, since I need to get people updated;
5 >
6 Ok, so far so good. Is there a reference gentoo-selinux platform? One
7 that specifies which applications are supported (required)? That way we
8 know what needs to work and thus what needs testing.
9
10 >the current 1.4 profiles will be deprecated shortly, and this is the upgrade
11 >path. Also, the policy version has been bumped to 16 in 2.6.5 (and
12 >subsequently to 17 in 2.6.6-rc1), and there are a handful of things that
13 >need to be updated to handle this. I'll provide more info on policy
14 >versions shortly.
15 >
16 Ok, I assume you know that the packages file in the new profile is
17 rather empty? I tried to bootstrap a new system with it without looking
18 at it first, so I was a bit surprised that emerge asked me to tell it
19 what to do :-)
20
21 regards,
22 nixnut