From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PaX in linux-2.6.5-hardened-r5
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:04:11
1 Peter try this.
2
3 emerge -C chpax
4 rm /etc/{conf,init}.d/chpax
5 emerge chpax paxctl
6 /etc/init.d/chpax restart
7 startx
8
9 If it does not work add the path your XFree86 binary with the
10 permissions listed in the /etc/conf.d/chpax file, and or add it to your
11 acl/rbac policy.
12
13 On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 16:57, Peter Simons wrote:
14 > I just tried the hardened-dev-sources with pretty aggressive
15 > PaX settings, but ran into the problem that xfree86 doesn't
16 > work any longer -- as expected. I seem to recall, though,
17 > that earlier version used to log via syslog whenever a
18 > process was terminated? Now it doesn't log anything, so it's
19 > very difficult to figure out which binaries I have to
20 > paxctl.
21 >
22 > Can anyone give me a hint how to fix this?
23 >
24 > Peter
27 > --
28 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
29 --
30 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
31 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer