From: Petre Rodan <petre.rodan@××××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Sch?fer <caefer@××××××××××.net>, gentoo-hardened <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] final polish
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:02:52
1 On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:41:52PM +0200, Christian Sch?fer wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > this morning my little box turn fully grown. ;-)
5 > I did make relabel and now I'm through with the installation-guide.
6 > btw: I would appreciate some sort of advices at the beginning of this
7 > guide. like 'don't use reiserfs, since it is not fully stable with
8 > selinux'..
9 >
10 > anyway, I do use reiserfs.
11 > at the end of this mail you'll find my current dmesg output.
12 > no errors really but a few lines that i don't like, but don't know how
13 > to handle either.. may there be help. :D
14 > '### ' mark the lines of wuestion.
15 > I either don't know what they mean and/or what to do to avoid them.
16 >
17 > the last lines with these avc: denied... thingies are uncorrect
18 > labeled files right? a relabel does not help, what shall I do?
19 >
20 > anyway, what is a good procedure to carry on? do i have to label any
21 > emerge now?
22 > maybe someone of you knows a good basic read, from a users view.
23 > I already read a lot about policies and such. but nithing gave me a
24 > clue on how to administrate things.
25 >
26 > thanks a lot!
27 >
28 > regards
29 > /christian
30
31 here are a few pointers:
32
33 http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/faq.html
34 http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/policy2-abs.html
35 http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14882&group_id=21266
36 http://www.samag.com/documents/s=7835/sam0303a/0303a.htm
37
38 in order to understand those "avc: denied" lines you should read and understand the selinux docs.
39 a good helper is the newrules.pl script, but sometimes is generates much to permissive rules.
40
41 you can get it from here:
42
43 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@×××××××××××××××××××××××.net:/cvsroot/selinux login