From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Firefox+PaX+amazon.com
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 02:25:04
1 On 5 Nov 2007 at 2:36, atoth@××××××××××.hu wrote:
2
3 > Shame on me: permissions fixed.
4
5 ok, next question: the coredump should be around 300MB, are you sure
6 it wasn't truncated? in any case, uploading that much is probably not
7 practical (and could expose personal info since all data mappings are
8 in it), so it's probably if you skip it ;). you could still look at it
9 in gdb and disasm the code beginning at 0x13027000 (that would have
10 been executed were it not for PaX).
11
12 > I give MPROTECT a try. But just for curiosity. I don't like the idea
13 > running firefox without MPROTECT. I was disappointed when I had to turn of
14 > MPROTECT on python to get python-UNO bridge running.
15
16 if it's the same UNO that openoffice uses then it's a tough nut, last
17 i looked it seemed some overengineered uebercomplex piece of code for
18 god knows what gain, rewriting it would take a lot of time if at all
19 possible. at least they make a best effort at runtime code generation,
20 unlike your case where the 0x13027000 area was clearly non-executable,
21 so there's a bug in whichever module created it (if you feel like debugging
22 it, strace/gdb are your friends ;).
25 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list