From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Can't log into my selinux system
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:18:12
1 > Ok, so the problem is that the policy isn't being loaded by init.
2 > Remerge baselayout to make sure init can load the policy, and make sure
3 > you have the correct version policy in /etc/security/selinux/, then
4 > policy should load on boot.
5
6 Hi Chris,
7
8 Thanks for your endless patience! Rebuilding baselayout does indeed
9 seem to have allowed the policy to auto-load, and I can now log in via
10 console and ssh!! Wahoo
11
12 I guess the next steps are to start playing with it. I'm a bit hesitant
13 about how to proceed though. There are clearly loads of access
14 violations even on bootup (at least according to syslog) - from memory,
15 lots of processes want urandom and cant have it, there was other stuff
16 with mount not being able to access /etc/fstab I think?
17
18 Do I just read the docs and start allowing these in the policy..? What
19 about things which look a little broken, eg emerging gpm and selinux-gpm
20 stops my policy compiling with something about ps_aux (from memory) not
21 being valid/defined. Is this a bug, or just something I read the docs
22 about and fix..?
23
24 I can't help feeling that I haven't done the required reading to even
25 get started with selinux, but I'm not sure where to find the quickstart
26 guide? Can you point me towards the docs I should be reading to work
27 all this stuff out for myself please?
28
29 Thanks for all your help.
30
31 Ed W