From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] permission problem in /etc
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:02:23
1 On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 05:23:11PM -0500, Alain Toussaint wrote:
2 > Pardon me for the dumb question but I'm having a migraine and must prepare
3 > for a midterm tomorrow;
4 >
5 > > allow dovecot_t dovecot_etc_t:file read_file_perms;
6 >
7 > How do I do that? :)
10 Hmm either I forgot to reply, or the reply didn't reach my mailbox, so here
11 goes the answer ;-)
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux-faq.xml#localpolicy
14
15 In short, you'll need to create a policy file, build it and include it in
16 the system. The policy will be inserted in the policy store so that it is
17 loaded every time you (re)boot the system, so you can remove the source file
18 if you want.
19
20 Usually you don't want to though. I personally have a single
21 "localpolicy.te" file in which I put all my exceptional rules (that don't
22 need to be part of the main policy, but are necessary on my system) and
23 maintain that file.
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen