From: Felix Leimbach <felix.leimbach@×××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] libipt_icmp.so on selinux
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:02:44
1 On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:46:55 +0300
2 Petre Rodan <petre.rodan@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > is there someone using selinux-2.4.21-r0 that can confirm if the following command returns 0 on their system:
6 >
7 > iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type network-unreachable -j ACCEPT
8 >
9 > (and make sure it's not policy related :)
10 >
11 > it can be a bug in the selinux-sources-2.4.21, but I can't be sure until someone else also gets the error I'm getting (iptables v1.2.8: Unknown arg `--icmp-type')
12 >
13 > if i boot with a somewhat vanilla kernel that was compiled using the same .config as the one used for selinux and the same net-firewall/iptables-1.2.8-r1, my iptables command works.
14
15 Hi,
16
17 I had the same problem some time ago (used selinux 2.4.20-r? back then),
18 and it turned out, that recompiling iptables without -fstack-protector
19 fixed the problem. For me, the problem was _not_ related to the kernel.
20
21 HTH
22
23 Felix