From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Some teething problems with 2004.1 and cascaded profiles
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:59:07
1 Hi I'm having some teething problems with the 2004.1 cascaded profile.
2
3 "emerge system" missed off a lot of packages during the bootstrap phase,
4 and now attempting to emerge xfce4 says that it can't resolve
5 virtual/xft (which it clearly could if it went up to profiles/base).
6
7 /etc/make.profile is symlinked to something like
8 /usr/portage/profiles/selinx/2004.1/x86 - any ideas what could be broken
9 (it's a clean build of selinux with latest portage)
10
11 Also, a distcc question. I have a couple of other gentoo machines which
12 are not using a hardened profile, but have distcc and the latest
13 unmasked gcc installed. As this is the same version of gcc as I have on
14 the selinux machine will it work simply to setup distcc and start cross
15 compiling (I'm assuming that everything is given as compiler flags now,
16 so there should be no issues mixing selinux and normal machines with
17 distcc...?) If not, then is there an easy way to enable this?
18
19 Thanks
20
21 Ed Wildgoose