From: schism@×××××××××.org
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Adding ipv6 USE flag by default
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:36:00
1 On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:02:20PM -0500, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 | On 02/15/2011 02:12 PM, Chris Frederick wrote:
3 | > Hi everyone,
4 | >
5 | > I'll chime in on this one. I want to clarify what is being asked, and add my two cents.
6 |
7 | Okay, I don't think there was a consensus on this issue, so I'm sure to
8 | make someone unhappy. I think for now, we'll leave the status quo, ie
9 | ipv6 off by default.
10
11 Here's an issue I've found with ipv6, and not necessarily hardened: upsd
12 fails to start if it can't autoload net-pf-10. Since in hardened we
13 have the ability to disable module autoloading and I've used that to
14 prevent my apps from emitting ipv6 I wasn't yet in control of, it was
15 definitely an edge case hardened helped find. That particular app
16 (sys-power/nut) doesn't even have an ipv6 USE flag.