From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Core Policy versus selinux ebuilds
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:02:36
1 Is there a difference between policies that appear to be in core but
2 also have their own ebuilds? For example: selinux-ddclient versus
3 policy/modules/contrib/dnsmasq.* and selinux-ddclient versus
4 policy/modules/contrib/ddclient. I need to change both but when I tried
5 to change dnsmasq it started complaining bitterly about binding to
6 random ports, which is what dnsmasq does.
7
8 Just to be absolutely clear, I expect that there is a versioning
9 difference because I have pulled the latest from the git repository but
10 I am using stable ebuilds, but I don't expect that this is the difference?
11
12 Thanks in advance,
13
14 Robert Sharp