From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Dadi <thewalrus@××××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Simple questions
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:56:19
1 On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 03:54, Dadi wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 > I have a few simple questions regarding selinux and gentoo in general.
4 > First of all, how can I install the latest ebuild from webmin(let's
5 > say) without appending ~x86 in make.conf and without editing the
6 > ebuild. It's just this application that I want to be the latest build.
7
8 This is general portage. You can add this to
9 /etc/portage/package.keywords:
10
11 app-admin/webmin ~x86
12
13 you may have to ~x86 some of its dependencies.
14
15 > Second of all, are revdep-rebuild, lspci and other things like this
16 > gone in selinux, or is it my faulty installation?
17
18 These aren't included by default. I know for sure gentoolkit is not
19 included by default in any gentoo install, and I think the same for
20 pciutils. Nothing stopping you from merging them :)
21
22 > Last but no least, are there any bennefits to kernel 2.6 vs 2.4
23 > regarding selinux?
24
25 The NSA guys are not backporting any new features. So all the new
26 things will only be in 2.6.
29 Chris PeBenito
30 <pebenito@g.o>
31 Developer,
32 Hardened Gentoo Linux
33 Embedded Gentoo Linux
34
35 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
36 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243