From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] What to do with old 1) profiles and 2) kernels
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:04:01
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 There are two issues I want to bounce off the community. Easy one first:
4
5 1) We still have the old 10.0 hardened profiles on the tree. They've
6 been marked deprecated for about two years and I have no idea what state
7 they're in. I'm going to punt them in a day unless someone gives me a
8 really good reason to keep them.
9
10 2) There are some old hardened-sources kernels. Upstream says, don't
11 keep them around! Here's the forum post:
12
13 http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?t=2980&p=11841#p11841
14
15 From now on, I'm going to be keeping only the last two stable kernels
16 in each of the 2.6.32.x and 3.x branch, ie, when I stabilize a new one,
17 I'll drop the last stable at the same time. If you report issues in a
18 timely fashion, that'll keep me from prematurely stabilizing.
19
20 FYI, just because an ebuild is off the tree doesn't mean you can't
21 retrieve it from the dead files on the CVS:
22
23 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-kernel/hardened-sources/?hideattic=0
24
25 Andhe patchsets that they pull down will forever be available on my dev
26 overlay at
27
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/hardened-sources/hardened-patches/
29
30 I'm just not going to make it easy for you :P
31
32 Comments?
35 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
36 Chair of Information Technology